Friday, September 1, 2017

IFBC 2017: Looking Forward to a "Capitol" Time in Sacramento

Although I've embarked on a new blog/book project on music, I'm looking forward to my second International Food Bloggers Conference in Sacramento, Sept. 29-Oct. 1.

Last year was my first-ever visit to the "The Big Tomato." As such, I attempted to cram as much as possible into the long weekend visit, like trying to swallow an entire beignet. This time, I have some fave spots to return to, like Nugget Market, Aioli Bodega Espagnola, and Scout Living. I'm also looking forward to enjoying last summer's discoveries like Jimboy's Tacos, one of the exhibitors featured at the IFBC "Taste of Sacramento" Expo and learning more about products that I've enjoyed since last IFBC, including Unreal chocolates (yay, no soy lecithin!) and Tango tomatoes from Windset Farms.

Artsy produce display at Nugget Market
A lot has changed in my life, personally, professionally, and mostly, food-wise since I began to write "Girl Meets Soup." While an intended book on my gastronomic and culinary adventures may be on the back burner for now, I still have that foodie blogger's reflex when I have a particularly photogenic sweet, vegetable, or meal in front of me.

Food is still a daily joy, a vital part of any journey large or small, and an easy topic of conversation with which I have been able to bridge many a social barrier. We all eat and the many different ways we do it are fascinating to me still. I hope that IFBC helps food bloggers to recommit ourselves to the ever-evolving methods of communicating our love of creating and enjoying food.





No comments:

Post a Comment