Thursday, June 3, 2010

GMS a Finalist for Los Angeles Press Club Journo Awards

"Girl Meets Soup" has been selected as one of five finalists for the Los Angeles Press Club's 52nd Annual Journalism Awards!



I'm thrilled and kind of stunned. Just going through the entry process a couple of months ago was a good experience that made me think, "Gee, maybe we've got something here." I had hoped that GMS would possibly place, not for its perfection but for its journalistic integrity, eye on humanity, and mostly, for its heart.

Whether I win or not, I already feel rewarded when considering the company I keep as a finalist, a number of my local journalism heroes - Patt Morrison, Gustavo Arellano, Jonathan Gold, Warren Olney. Color me totally floored.

The awards gala will be held at the Biltmore Hotel downtown on June 27. CNN heartthrob and intrepid journalist Anderson Cooper will receive the LAPC's highest honors along with CBS2/KCAL/9 political reporter Dave Bryan and NPR foreign correspondent Anne Garrells. Judea Pearl, father of the late Wall Street Journal reporter killed by Pakistani extremists in 2002 and actor Sean Penn are presenters.

I am so humbled by this, and very grateful for the generosity of the judges. But most importantly, I need a new dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment